|Mooring Permit||$9.00 per foot|
|Docking Permit||$9.00 per foot|
|Moored Float Permit||$150 per float|
|Dinghy Dock Permit
||$150 per season
|Assignment List Application||$15 per mooring area requested|
|World's End Seasonal Mooring||$650 per season|
|Transient Mooring (World's End)||$50 per vessel per day|
|Transient Mooring (Other)||$35 per vessel per day|
|Langlee Island Camping Permit||$0.00 per night|
|Boat Ramp Annual Permit (Commercial)
||$200 per year
|Boat Ramp Single Use (Commercial)
||$65 per use
|Commercial Shell Fish Permit
||Resident: $75 per season Non-Resident: $117 per season
Boat Docking Permit
If you did not hold a Town of Hingham boat docking permit (for vessels moored in slips) in the last year, you will need to submit an online application. Visit the link and scroll down to Boat Docking Permit.
Mooring/Docking Permit Renewals
Mooring and Docking permit renewals are due before March 1. Follow the instructions that our office provides during the renewal period. Complete the online renewal application, pay online, or send a check. There is no need to send a paper copy of your renewal application. We prefer that you conserve the paper.
Moored Dock Permit
Permits for a floating dock need to be renewed before March 1. If you currently have a floating dock that has been permitted in the past year please make sure that you renew the existing permit. New applications will be required to have a technical diagram submitted of the dock and its mooring anchor points and associated hardware specifications.
Saltwater Fishing Permit
In order to fish recreationally for finfish in Massachusetts marine waters, including up to the first dam in rivers and streams that flow to the ocean, you are required to have a saltwater fishing permit.
For more information please see the Division of Marine Fisheries.
Assignment List Applications
All mooring permit applications begin with an assignment list application. When a location matching your vessel's needs becomes available, you will be authorized to submit a mooring permit application, consistent with your Assignment List request. Please be sure to provide the following information about your vessel on your application:
- Type (power or sail)
To submit an assignment list application please choose Boat Mooring Permit Application and select the desired assignment list. When selecting an assignment list location it is important to know the following information:
Inner Harbor: Available to anyone due to public access at Town Pier. Vessel Max Length is 30'
Outer Harbor: Available only to members of the Hingham Yacht Club due to lack of public access
Hewitt's Cove: Available to anyone, however once assigned a location, you must contract through the Hingham Shipyard Marina for Access
Back River: Available only to South Shore Yacht Club members due to lack of public access
World's End: Available to anyone, accessible by boat only (destination location for day trips or overnight trips)
Langlee Island Camping Permits
Use the link to check campsite availability and submit a camping permit application through Onlinemooring.com. The permit is free of charge. Please review the Langlee Island Camping rules below prior to submitting an application..
Fill out the application and be sure to provide a good email. Once authorized, you will receive an approval notice email from Alerts@onlinemooring.com. Please print or retain an electronic copy of the permit, and have it available while on the island.
There is also a transient mooring available for campers on Langlee island that incurs a fee of $35 for a period of 24 hours, you can submit a reservation request for the mooring through onlinemooring.com.
Langlee Island Camping rules:
1. All camping and special use is permitted by reservation only.
2. Campers must carry out what they carry onto the island including waste.
3. Occupying a campsite is by reservation only.
4. Maximum capacity is five people on the south campsite and ten people on the north campsite.
5. No open campfire allowed upland of the high tide line.
6. No glass allowed on the island.
7. Charcoal or fuel cooking stoves are allowed at designated campsites.
8. Pets, alcoholic beverages, bonfires, firearms, fireworks, and any explosive devises are prohibited.
9. Disorderly and disruptive conduct and amplified sound are prohibited.
10. Quiet hours are 9:00pm through 8:00am.
11. Disturbing, removing, defacing, cutting, littering, or otherwise causing damage to any natural or man-made object is prohibited.
12. Island closed from dusk to dawn unless otherwise permitted.
13.Camping on Island is considered a wilderness experience, requiring the camping party to be prepared to supply their own food, water, shelter, first-aid and to secure transportation to and from the camping island.
14. Camping party must have this permit in hand while on the Island.
15.Use of the Island dingy, if available, is the sole choice of the user and the camping party is free to choose not to use the dingy.
16. The camping party shall indemnify and HOLD HARMLESS the Harbormaster and the Town of Hingham against any and all claims or other causes of action arising out of or in connection with the use of the Island or dingy hereby authorized.
17. Any violation of the above terms is cause for permit cancellation, removal from island, fines incurred, and forfeiture of all fees paid.