News Flash Home
The original item was published from 9/23/2017 11:48:51 PM to 9/25/2020 12:00:03 AM.

News Flash

Hingham Police Department News

Posted on: September 24, 2017

[ARCHIVED] Man Arrested for Breaking into Business Twice

Hingham, MA – A Brockton man was arrested for breaking into the same business two times within a week. The business was the AT&T store at 1 Shipyard Drive.

The first break occurred on September 7 when a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt, latex gloves and carrying a back pack appeared to unlock or pry the front door and enter the store. He walked into the store for a short time, the alarm sounded, and he ran out the same door. Nothing was taken from that break and it confirmed that he used a key to unlock the door.

The second break occurred on September 13 when a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt, latex gloves and carrying a back pack used a key to unlock the rear door and entered the store. The man walked to the alarm panel and appeared to read the alarm code from his cell phone and turn off the alarm. He then walked to into a back room and opened the safe. He again appeared to read the safe combination from his phone. He filled the back pack with 14 iPhones and cash from the safe. Although the man in both incidents was wearing a hood, his face was visible at times, it appeared to be the same man.

During the investigation, Hingham Detectives were able to identify the suspect as a current employee of the AT&T store in Cambridge. Hingham Detectives, along with assistance from Cambridge Police Detectives, arrested the man at the Cambridge store on September 19. Detectives continue to investigate the incident to determine where the man obtained the key and codes for the Hingham store as he had never worked there.

Arrested was Craig Akeem Robertson, age 32, of 103 Colonel Bell Drive, #12, Brockton, MA. He was charged with: 1) Breaking and Entering in the Nighttime for a Felony 2) Breaking and Entering in the Nighttime for A Felony 3) Larceny Over $250 4) Breaking into a Depository.

He was booked at the Hingham Police Station and held on $5,000 bail overnight. He was arraigned at Hingham District Court on September 20. His bail was reduced to $1,000. He is due to return to court on October 31. The case was investigated by Hingham Detectives Philip Tracey and John Marquardt. ### Contact P.I.O. Sgt. Steven Dearth

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Hingham Police Department News

Scam Call Claiming to be Hingham Police

Posted on: October 22, 2020

Residents Wake to Find Man Inside Home

Posted on: September 14, 2020

Child in Crosswalk Struck by Vehicle

Posted on: August 6, 2020

Evening House Break on Harbor View Drive

Posted on: October 21, 2019

Man Charged With Breaking into Restaurant

Posted on: September 16, 2019

Old Hand Grenade Removed by Bomb Squad

Posted on: January 8, 2019

Businesses Receive Emailed Bomb Threats

Posted on: December 13, 2018
ATM Broken Into November 28 2018 A

ATM Machine Broken Into

Posted on: December 3, 2018

Two Arrested Following Drug Investigation

Posted on: November 27, 2018

Daytime House Break on Upper Gardner St.

Posted on: October 23, 2018

Overnight Restaurant Break In

Posted on: September 18, 2018

Threats to Kill Email Scam Attempts

Posted on: December 13, 2017